Monday




Ok, the deal with the table is: about 4 years ago, a great friend asked me if I was interested in this table, which she had bought at an estate sale. She described it and sight unseen I said yes. We would periodically have "the table" conversation..."are you still interested in that table?" she'd ask. "Oh, definitely" was my constant answer. Well, FINALLY we got it together and her husband delivered the table the day after this past Valentine's Day. It was forest green with oak-y trim. Not what I would have typically chosen. But I KNEW the style was perfect...the display case can be changed on a whim, of which I suffer a great many. With a makeover, this is what it wound up looking like. My husband suggested we get new pulls for the drawers. I love Anthropologie, so we there we went, figuring on a budget of around $80. or so, because, as Mark pointed out, the price of the table was unbeatable. I hit the Anthro lottery and found these pulls on sale, marked down from $10.00 to $2.95. The pulls remind me of something from a botanist's lab. Yes, this is a long, rather pointless story. But it took me 4 long years to get the table! At least it only took you 4 minutes to read about it! Thanks for indulging me...


1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

LOVE it! Any sort of wooden box from small to big with a glass top on it...LOVE it! What a great find.