Friday

Beach Club


This is where I've been spending my days off from the library. I've been bartending at "Promenade Beach Club" here in Long Branch, NJ. Not a bad way to make a buck! Some people who belong there I've known for more than 20 years, it's interesting to see them and find out what's going on in their lives. A couple came in last weekend and recognized me from working at another beach club, in Sea Bright, and were amazed that I remembered their children's names more than 10 years after I'd last seen them.
Hopefully our sunny weather will continue!
Here's a fun little drink for a cloudless day:

Malibu Barbie:
1 oz. Malibu rum
1 oz. Absolut citron
1oz. sour mix
Combine first three ingredients in shaker, strain, pour over ice
Top with Sprite or 7-up
Hit with a splash of cranberry
Garnish with a slice of lemon

*Can also rim the glass with pink sugar for extra "Barbieness"
Now take it down to the sand and...relax!!!

1 comment:

beachy in the burbs said...

I'm so jealous and wish I could be beachside too :)

Thanks for your comment about our nursery plans! We can't wait to get started. We only have about 9 weeks left to prepare!