Friday

Grey Day Reading Recommendation



Such a grey day here at the Jersey Shore. Not terribly motivating, though I enjoy having a week day off from work.

Finished Stewart O'Nan's "The Odds" yesterday. Highly, highly recommend. His ability to create such "human" characters is amazing. Short synopsis: married couple, life together falling apart, financially bankrupt, morally repentant, long history, going to risk it all at Niagara Falls. It was impossible to not get lost in the story of Art and Marion.

I tend to find comfort in melancholic stories on grey days such as today...same way I like to listen to Billie Holiday...the weather dictates my moods sometimes and I just go with it.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Interesting blog. I got into art history through a great little book.http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/art-history-story-of-art-eh-gombrich.html