Wednesday

What I'm Reading This Week...









How true, how true...

What I've been reading this week:

 
"Interventions" by Kofi Annan-  I've always held huge admiration for Mr. Annan but this book brought him to a whole new level of respect.  He is elegant, eloquent and incredibly astute.  But what strikes me most is his human touch.  It crosses all borders, socio-economic levels and ethnicities.  He manages to explain how such late-20th/early-21st century atrocities such as Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur were allowed to happen yet he doesn't place unfair blame on any of the forces who would have been able to prevent them.  Pick it up to learn how the UN operates...get sucked in by Mr. Annan's personal dedication to creating a better world.


The Mystery of the Hidden Driveway
 Witty, humorous contemporary poetry.  Pick up this gem by Jennifer L. Knox.









 "Late Wife" by Claudia Emerson: heartbreakingly real and lovely.  A true work of art.

You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap): How One Woman Radically Simplified Her Life and How You Can Too

"You Can Buy Happiness (and It's Cheap) by Tammy Strobel-sometimes, by reading people's experiences with extreme living, you can take away what you need without committing to an exact replica of how they've instituted positive change.  SO, while I'm not ready to move into a 100 sq. ft. home, I AM ready to lighten my load.


Savages

Brilliant, brutal good dirty fun.  I re-read this one, having read it for the first time last year.

No comments: